Understanding wire rope chucks
Wire rope chucks are also known as wire rope clamps, wire rope clamps, wire reels, clamps, wire clamps, and wire rope rolling heads. They are mainly used for temporary connection of wire ropes and fixing of wire ropes.
Card head category:
According to production standards, chucks are divided into: national standard chucks, German standard DIN741 chucks, American die forged chucks, American Martensite chucks, etc. Different types of chucks use different materials, production processes and surface treatments. The production process of the chuck body is die forging. The surface treatment body is usually electro-galvanized, the U-shaped bolt is electro-galvanized, and the specifications of the chuck are based on the size of the wire rope of the card. For example, the diameter of the chuck is only 1/2. For 1/2 wire rope.
Use of wire rope chuck:
Carbon steel casting wire rope chucks are often used for static ties, rope tensioning, such as power, communication lines, and strapping.
Forged wire rope chucks are often used for lifting and carrying, such as construction machinery such as rotary drilling rigs.
Stainless steel wire rope chucks are used in ship fittings, chemical plants, radiation and other environments due to their corrosion resistance and rust resistance.
The main use of the chuck:
It is used in ports, engineering lifting machinery, metallurgical and mining equipment, oil field derricks, port and railway loading and unloading, forestry machinery, power equipment, marine and land transportation, engineering rescue, salvaging sunken ships, and lifting of factory and mining enterprises.
Pay attention to the following points when selecting the chuck:
1. When selecting the chuck, the inner clearance of the U-shaped ring should be 13mm larger than the diameter of the wire rope, which is too large and the buckle is not tight enough to cause accidents.
2. Be sure to tighten the bolts when tightening the chuck until the rope is flattened by 1/31/4 diameter, and after the rope is stressed, tighten the chuck bolts again to ensure the joint is strong and secure.
3. The card head should be placed in a smooth way. The U-shaped part should touch the rope head, but not the main rope.
4. In order to easily check whether the joint is secure and find out whether the wire rope is slipping, you can install another chuck at about 500mm behind the final chuck and release the rope head. In this way, when the wire rope of the joint starts to slip "Safety bend" was first straightened, and at this time, measures should be adopted immediately.
- Three or nine days
- Maintenance knowledge of lifting equipment hooks
- Qingdao Yunfan, always grateful
- Understanding wire rope chucks
- Selection of shackles and scrap standards
- Nine Nine Ninth Festival
- 19th National Congress of Dry Goods
- The use of hook specifications
- Celebrate National Day and welcome Mid-Autumn Festival
- Matters needing attention when using horseshoe shackles